Each year, in late May or early June, the FMCBC holds its Annual General Meeting in a different region of the province. One of the FMCBC’s Member Clubs volunteers to host the AGM weekend. It’s a great opportunity for Directors, Reps and members from across the province to meet and exchange ideas. Host clubs are encouraged to plan slide shows, activities or presentations to showcase their region.
Duties for the host club include:
- Organizing billets to provide free accommodation to AGM attendees (start working on this early so you have plenty of hosts available)
- Hosting a social Meet and Greet event on the Friday evening to welcome AGM attendees and introduce them to their billeting hosts. Some clubs host this event at a members’ home, some rent a venue. Some clubs hold a potluck or BBQ and others purchase party platters. The cost for the Meet and Greet is covered by the host club. The event is BYOB.
- Booking a meeting room from 8:00am to 5:00pm on the Saturday for approximately 50 people (cost is covered by the FMCBC)
- The room needs to be large enough to accommodate 50 chairs set up in hollow square formation, a registration table plus tables for breakfast and lunch buffet
- Wi-Fi is required for the meeting
- Host club provides a digital projector and screen for the Saturday meeting (if there are issues finding a projector contact the FMCBC and we’ll see if any other attendees can bring one).
- Organizing breakfast and lunch for the meeting attendees (cost is covered by the FMCBC)
- Breakfast: coffee, tea, juice and pastries, muffins and fruit
- Lunch: coffee, tea, juice and sandwiches or wraps and fruit/veggie platter and some squares or cookies for dessert
- Planning a short activity for Saturday afternoon (short hike, interpretive walk, slide show, etc)
- Booking a location for dinner – restaurant or catered (there is no host for this dinner – the cost is covered by the attendees)
- Planning a slideshow/ presentation/movie etc for Saturday evening
- Leading a short group hike on Sunday morning – clubs usually offer a couple options. Hike should be maximum 3 hours in length (9am – 12pm)
The FMCBC helps with the planning and registration for the event.
Scheduled upcoming AGM hosts and locations:
- 2020: TBD