The following information explains the FMCBC’s fee structure and provides answers to many of the common questions clubs have regarding membership fees. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FMCBC Membership Fees:
- $8 per membership
- $12 per individual for Commercial General Liability and Directors and Officers coverage
If your club’s membership numbers have dropped significantly, your club may overpay the FMCBC with your first payment in June. If this is the case, a credit will be applied to your account which will be applied in your club’s first invoice of the following year.
FMCBC membership dues are based on a club’s final membership number at the end of their fiscal year (or when they finalize their numbers for the year) within the FMCBC’s fiscal year. In other words, the important thing to remember is that your final membership number is based on your club’s fiscal year, not ours.
Here are some examples:
The FMCBC’s fiscal year runs from April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020.
If your club’s year ends on April 30th, 2019 and you have your total number of members calculated at that time, your 2019-2020 FMCBC dues will be calculated based on that number. This means that you could actually pay your 2019-2020 FMCBC membership dues in full at that time since you already have your final number, or pay 75% in July 2019 and the remaining 25% between January – March 2020.
If your club’s year ends on November 30th, 2019 and you have your total number of members calculated at that time, your 2019-2020 FMCBC dues will be calculated based on that number. This means your club will pay 75% of your membership dues in July 2019 and the remaining 25% between January – March 2020.
If your club’s year ends on March 31st, 2020 and you have your total number of members calculated at that time, your 2019-2020 FMCBC dues will be calculated based on that number. This means your club will pay 75% of your membership dues in July 2019 and the remaining 25% as soon as you have your final number of members in March/April 2020.
Still confused? View the Membership Fee payment schedule 2019-2020 to help determine how your fiscal year end relates to the FMCBC’s and when you would calculate your total membership for the year. Or, contact us for assistance.
Why are we invoiced for 75% of our membership fees and 100% of our insurance fees on our June invoice?
The reason we have two invoices is that clubs don’t know their final membership numbers until the end of their fiscal year. Rather than guess membership numbers, we send out a first invoice in June that reflects 75% of a club’s membership fees (based on the previous year’s final numbers) and a second invoice that will reflect any change (increase or decrease) in membership. This final number of members is then used to calculate the insurance premium for the following year which is then invoiced at 100% in June.
Whether your membership increases or decreases, your insurance premium remains the same. That’s because the FMCBC has already paid the insurer based on the previous year’s number of members, and will neither have to pay extra or be reimbursed if that number changes.
Payment of the first invoice for 75% of your club’s membership fees and 100% of your club’s insurance fees is due on July 31st. Invoices are sent to clubs early in June.
Payment of the second invoice for the remaining membership fees is due March 31st.
Membership dues are based on your club’s total number of memberships, but insurance dues are based on your club’s total number of individuals. If your club has couple and/or family memberships, these count as single FMCBC memberships, but we will need to know your total number of individuals for calculating your insurance premium. Those clubs with couple and/or family memberships will therefore need to submit two separate numbers each year.
Some of our members are also members of another club. Do we still count them and collect membership dues from them?
Your club is a member of the FMCBC, but your individual members are not direct members of the FMCBC. Your club’s FMCBC membership fee is based on your total number of memberships whether there are duplicate memberships or not throughout all of the FMCBC’s member clubs.
The FMCBC is unable to cross reference which members of your club are also members of another FMCBC Member Club, therefore all members should pay their membership and insurance fee to your club unless a previous arrangement has been made. Fee reimbursement is the responsibility of the individual clubs and members, not the FMCBC.