Resources for clubs
- Privacy policies – What they are, why your club needs one, and how to develop one
- Occupier’s Act – Section 3 deals with the duty/duties of an occupier, which includes the legal owner(s). Specific exceptions for recreation trails are under sections 3(3), 3(3.2) and 3(3.3).
- Occupiers Liability Act – FAQs from Tennessee Trent (Recreation, Sites and Trails)
- Climbers Access Society of BC – Supports public access to the cliffs and mountains of British Columbia, and conservation of them.
- Outdoor Recreation Council of BC – Represents the interests of the full range of public outdoor recreation users of British Columbia’s lands and waters.
- Squamish Access Society – Dedicated to preserving access to the climbing areas in and around Squamish.
- The Provincial Trails Advisory Body (PTAB) – Established by Recreation Sites and Trails BC, PTAB will attempt to refine and implement the Trails Strategy for British Columbia, the guiding document for PTAB, RSTBC, the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, and for the BC Government as a whole.